It's about time.
These days I clearly don't see an advantage of buying another Windows-based PC. With us doing everything on the web now I can just do the same with a Mac instead of a Windows PC.
Today the Mac is based on Intel-based hardware architecture, which I am very familiar with. However, the Mac OS and graphic are so much better than Windows, especially if you are into photo imaging and video.
And with Google's Docs I can create documents, spreadsheet, and presentation just like Windows.
With that, I am going to get myself a Mac for Christmas.
I think I deserve it.
I like the iMac with a 24" screen, which is perfect for video and imaging (my wife will love it, too). It will instantly make our living room comes to life (I will double it as a lively picture frame to display my family pictures in the living room).
I also like the Macbook's 13" screen, sleek and mean. Since I am getting old and have a bad back, so traveling light is now a requirement.
And Safari has put IE7 to shame.
The last time I used a Mac on a daily basis was back in early 1990's. I have not used it much since then.
I am going to take advantage of our company's discounts to buy ourselves some Macs. I also look at buying a Mac now will enable me to learn more about the latest Mac design and its software applications.
So sorry Mr. Bill Gate, it's time for a change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey... guess we are on the same page.
2 months ago, it was a happy purchase with my iPod Touch. Recently, I was convinced that I need a Mac. A Mac Mini (the form factor really attracts me) will be my Xmas gift (I got myself a wireless keyboard, and a wireless mouse). Steve arranged and made a photo album via Apple earlier and it's really "cool"! Btw, will you be getting a ".mac" account too? ;))
Mac OS X version Leopard rocks! Did you go to the Apple store @ Tysons Corner?
Wow, interestingly, I was thinking about switching to Mac down the road too....for me, it maybe next year though. Graphics-wise, look-wise and user friendlyness, hands down, Mac rules! Was also thinking and will be looking at the graphics softwares and special printers, as I want to make some homemade decals for my models and maybe for sale too.
Post a Comment