Thursday, March 29, 2007

How does a friendship get started?

After reading the posts from Jasper (Always a Reason Behind) and WittyBB (A Reason), I have this question on my mind.

How does a friendship get started?

We are all nobody to anybody. That is, I don't know you and you don't know me. So, how did we become friends? It's not just one's intention and willingness to make friend to anybody. It's a two-way street, don't you think?

For example, I wish to be friend with David, but he can choose to say "No". Similarly, WittyBB can say the same thing - No. So...what bring us together? Is it because we have the same interest? Or because we like to "blog"? Or because we are from Hong Kong? Or because we happened to be working in the same company?

I think WittyBB said it best, "這個地球有數十億人,能夠跟你碰上的是一種緣份, 能夠成為朋友是難能可貴."

Still thinking ....

4 comments:

Jasper222 said...

well, i really don't know how it starts.. I guess it's a "sense" of "comforting when around someone" that makes each other "friends"?

Relationship can be very "magical" and interesting (come on, "Romantic relationship" is only ONE type of relationship, not ALL!)

As i always said, it's the human CHEMISTRY - something a ChemE / Chemist won't study in their undergraduate hahahaha

I just realize that most of my GOOD friends are at least 5+ yrs old.... some times i feel sad as i would think "what'd happened in the last 2-3 yrs? i just don't have any FRIENDS"?????

anyway... i guess the situation will get worse - as one gets OLDER XD

P.S. have you realize we all shared / linked by SOMEONE special - i.e. wittyBB! we should start this happy friday happy hr by buying her a big drink (virtually) kekeeee

JC said...

I second that. Let's buy wittybb a BIG drink!

WittyBB said...

sure..
yuenling or guinness will do :)

actually... as you grow older, you seem to lose the momentum to cultivate a new friendship. it could be because you are still single and another gal is married, and she actually needs time to take care of her family/kids. however, i don't claim i have many friends in the States; partly because I never have a long term plan to stay in the States. However, I met a few great people when I was in Greenville (a small town), PA. I appreciate the effort that we are keeping in touch and staying informed on how we are doing. :)

CPMF14 said...

Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.

I think Jasper said it right - it's that special "chemistry" that form the friendship and a sense of comfort toward each other.

Yes it's magical and interesting. It's a gift from that mother nature that we all take it for granted.

It's one thing to have a long lasting relationship (or marriage) with your loved one, but it's equally important to maintain long lasting friendship as well.

其實愛情和友情都是一樣那麼可貴,大家要好好珍惜。